Re-envisioning Postpartum - June
Time & Location
About the Event
So you have your baby registry and your breastfeeding supplies, what else do you need to know to prepare for postpartum?
A LOT. Post birth, an 8-inch wound is left in the uterus from the placenta detachment and the female body undergoes the biggest hormonal change it will ever experience. Beyond the dramatic hormone changes and loss of necessary nutrients that the woman’s body needs replenished of (after giving birth), it is not only her body that undergoes a major change, but her mind and soul. This class informs the mother and her family of what to expect after giving birth and how to prepare and plan for it. This class is comprehensive and attendees walk away prepared with a written plan of action.
Your written postpartum plan will explore postpartum from all angles:
- a day to day breakdown of changes and emotions
- caring for and bonding with baby
- changing partner roles
- sleep cycles
- observing motherly intuition and instinct
- sex and intimacy
- returning to work
- risk factors and signs of postpartum depression and anxiety
- self-care habits
- physical healing (vaginal and cesarean birth)
- choosing a care provider
- communication with family and friends
- support for dads and partners
This event is $40 and includes one support person/partner.